Whip It With Z: Labor Day Mayo-Free Creamy Broccoli Apple Salad by Brianna Meurer
Happy Labor Day Creative$! Something delicious for the celebration. Enjoy!! 🍎🍏🥦 🥗
Mayo-Free Creamy Broccoli Apple Salad
-4 cups fresh broccoli
-2 large apples, chopped
-1 cup shredded carrots
-1/2 cup dried, unsweetend apricots
-1/2 cup chopped red onions
-1/2 chopped toasted pecans
-1 cup plain greek yogurt
-2 tbsp lemon juice (about half a large lemon)
-1 tsp apple cider vinegar
-1 tsp honey
-1/4 tsp salt
-Generous amount of fresh ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Soak the chopped red onion in apple cider vinger to dilute the harshness and set aside.
3. Place the chopped pecans on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes or so.
4. Meanwhile, in a large bowl combine the broccoli, apples, shredded carrot and apricots.
5. In a smaller bowl, stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, apple cider vinger, honey, salt and pepper.
6. Add the toasted pecans to the dry ingredients.
7. Drain the red onion and add to the dry ingredients.
8. Pour the Greek yogurt dressing over the salad and mix until everything is combined. Season with more pepper.